Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughts On Taking A Well Day

I am feeling refreshed and validated after my mini mid-week break. I woke up on Tuesday morning with a stiff neck and the feeling that I spent more time looking for the comfy sleeping position than actually sleeping. "Nope," I thought upon waking "I am not going to do anything today." With that, I made a decision to lie for the greater good. I was going to call in sick. I don't ever use sick days for anything other than being sick, but this was to be an exception. So I put on my most pathetic voice, summoned my long-dormant school-itis act, and called my boss. The truth is I did feel a little guilty because my boss is such a nice person and because I wasn't really sick, just pretty burnt out. I don't feel guilty anymore. Just having taken the time off to get centred again has made a HUGE difference in how I feel. In the end, totally worth it. So basically, I don't condone lying, and sick days are not meant as vacations for the conscience but every so often exceptions need to be made. Be well and if you aren't, then get well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment