Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Very Own Olympics...of Moving

This has been a crazy week and Matt and I have moved in with my parents. Luckily we will only be spending one month here instead of four. Don't think that I am not grateful to my family for putting us up, I am! I do however miss those little things that I will probably appreciate more than I ever did before, like privacy, my own bathroom (that isn't carpeted), my own groceries (I had no idea how unsettling it would be to switch yogurt brands), and general being in chargeness. That last one is hardest for me I think. I also go on record saying this entry has taken me three days to get through writing. Interruptions are apparently how my family shows affection.

I spent the weekend in various stages of sleep, recovering from the moving marathon that was last week. Packing, watching hired guys pack, being pregnant without sitting down for 2 days, that was my version of the Olympics. I won a gold in creative perching, and at least a bronze in artistic melt-down (sort of like the emotional love-child of ice dancing and luge with more crying). I don't think I even watched the best parts of Canada's gold streak. I did see Canada beat the US at hockey though, and I cried through the Tim Horton's commercial about an immigrant family reuniting at the airport. Needless to say emotions were running high. Oh Canada, you really know how to pluck a heart string.

Now that I am here at the big house, my me time seems to have dwindled. My dad said it well when he told me over the weekend that "[he is] so glad we're here...for a finite time". Don't worry, I couldn't agree more! I am glad to be here for now though, even in spite of the changes I have to make (I am a cancer, I don't like change). After all, every meal is mommy food...or pizza, and every night feels like camp...if your parents never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment